The Wellcome Trust Centre for Mitochondrial Research regularly invites international speakers to give seminars at Newcastle University. Post doctoral research associates and students host these sessions and everyone from the Centre has an opportunity to meet the speakers individually. For a list of upcoming seminars please click on the link below
Previous guest speakers include:
- Cornelia Kornblum, Oberärztin der Klinik und Poliklinik für Neurologie, Germany.
- Stefan Jakobs, University of Gottingen medical school, Germany
- Aleksandra Trifunovic, Cologne excellence cluster on cellular stress responses in ageing associated disease (CECAD) and Institute for mitochondrial disease and ageing medical faculty university of Cologne, Germany
- Wolfram Kunz, Bonn University, Germany
- Dave Scanlon, Hospital for sick children, Toronto, Canada
- Prof Ivan Tarassov, Director of UMRGMGM MitoCross, Strasburg, France
- Dr Cory Dunn, Department of molecular biology and Genetics, Koc University, Istanbul
- Prof Mikael Bjorklund, College of life sciences University of Dundee, UK
- Yasutoshi Koga, Kurume University, Japan
- Edmund Kunji, Mitochondrial Biology Unit, Cambridge University, UK
- Fabrizia Stavru, Bacteria cell Interaction unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- Thomas Langer, The Institute for Genetics and CECAD Research Center, University of Cologne, Germany
- Antonio Enriquez, CNIC Spanish national centre for cardiovascular research, Madrid, Spain
- Mike Ryan, Monash University, Melbourne.
The Wellcome Centre for Mitochondrial Research, internal research in progress seminar series provides an exciting forum for sharing progress and generating ideas across all Centre themes. These are attended by all PI’s, junior researchers and students. For more information on upcoming seminars please see our internal communications.