The cohort is utilized in a number of studies examples of which are shown below:
- Incidence of complications of pregnancy in patients diagnosed with mitochondrial disease or carrying a mitochondrial DNA mutation
- Evaluating the prevalence of mitochondrial disease of both mtDNA and nuclear origin–
- Determining the Nature and Mechanisms of Progression of Mitochdrial DNA Disease: Why do Patients Get Worse
- Reproductive Decision Making in Mitochondrial Patients: A Qualitative Investigation of Women’s Experience
- Movement Disorders in Mitochondrial Disease: a clinical and genetic study.
- Natural history of patients who are affected by mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke like episodes (MELAS) syndrome
- Mitochondrial Disease and Male Reproductive Health: Auditing Current Practices