Dr Julie Murphy
Public Engagement Officer
As Patient and Public Engagement Manager for the Wellcome Trust Centre for Mitochondrial Research, my main responsibilities are to:
- Develop the Centre’s engagement strategy
- Lead on public and patient events to both inform on the nature of mitochondrial disease and to highlight recent scientific advances.
- Manage the process of embedding public engagement across the Centre.
- Manage a range of engagement activities and develop new engagement networks.
- Design and set up a robust communication channel between researcher’s and patients.
- Establish, develop, and maintain successful partnerships with patient organisations and charities to broaden our reach and to diversify our audiences.
- Deliver special engagement projects as well as liaising with external agencies.
- Provide line management of any staff employed to support PPI/PPE activity including recruitment, induction, performance management and training.
- Manage the process for accessing and/or conducting analysis of engagement, presenting results and making recommendations to facilitate the interpretation of specific issues and support decision making.